This program will include original music from the author and his bandmate Matt Douglas from The Mountain Goats.
"Darnielle brings a lyrical, literary tone to a novel that's part crime, part horror and wholly original."- Bookpage
From John Darnielle, the New York Times bestselling author and the singer-songwriter of the Mountain Goats, comes an epic, gripping novel about murder, truth, and the dangers of storytelling.
Gage Chandler is descended from kings. That's what his mother always told him. Years later, he is a true crime writer, with one grisly success—and a movie adaptation—to his name, along with a series of subsequent less notable efforts. But now he is being offered the chance for the big break: to move into the house where a pair of briefly notorious murders occurred, apparently the work of disaffected teens during the Satanic Panic of the 1980s. Chandler finds himself in Milpitas, California, a small town whose name rings a bell––his closest childhood friend lived there, once upon a time. He begins his research with diligence and enthusiasm, but soon the story leads him into a puzzle he never expected—back into his own work and what it means, back to the very core of what he does and who he is.
Devil House is John Darnielle's most ambitious work yet, a book that blurs the line between fact and fiction, that combines daring formal experimentation with a spellbinding tale of crime, writing, memory, and artistic obsession.
A Macmillan Audio production from MCD Books.
- Read a Classic You Missed...
- Project Gutenburg American History
- Project Gutenburg Drama
- Project Gutenberg Great Fiction Classics
- Project Gutenberg Mysteries and Thrillers
- Project Gutenberg Poetry
- Scifi Absolute Classics
- Contemporary Romantic Comedy
- If you like Danielle Steel, try these!
- If you like John Grisham
- Michael Connelly alike ebooks
- Fairy Tale, Myth, and The Hero's Journey
- New eBook additions
- See all
- Full-cast recordings
- Get Your True Crime Fix
- Find and Listen to a Classic That You Missed...
- Read by a Celeb
- Listen to a New Series
- If you like Danielle Steel, Try These!
- Michael Connelly alike audiobooks
- If you like Stephen King...
- Fantasy here!
- New Audiobook Additions
- Audio available now
- Audiobooks with Great Narration
- Top Audiobook Narrators
- See all